- Any brown color and/or turbidity indicates a positive for Legionella pneumophila.
- Platform similar to that of the Colilert Test: Ready-to-use reagents, no media preparation.
- Use with Quanti-Tray/Legiolert for Most Probable Number (MPN) enumeration.
- Confirmed results in 7 days without additional steps.
- Streamlined work flow with less than 2 minutes of hands-on time.
- Quality control procedure can be done in 15 minutes.
- Specifically detects Legionella pneumophila, the primary cause of Legionnaires’ disease.1
- Any brown color and/or turbidity indicates a positive and minimizes subjective result interpretation.
How the Legiolert Test works
The Legiolert Test detects Legionella pneumophila in water samples. This test is based on a bacterial enzyme detection technology that signals the presence of Legionella pneumophila through utilization of a substrate present in the Legiolert reagent. Legionella pneumophila cells grow rapidly and reproduce using the rich supply of amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients present in the Legiolert reagent. Actively growing strains of Legionella pneumophila use the added substrate to produce a brown color indicator. The Legiolert Test detects Legionella pneumophila at 1 organism in 100 mL within 7 days.