The E-Series® Ultrasonic Plus meter uses solid-state ultrasonic transit time technology to measure cold potable water and incorporates an integrated valve into the lay length of the meter. The integrated valve allows remote flow restriction of water service in residential utility applications.
• Delivers precision accuracies with extended flow ranges
• Gate valve integrated into standard lay length of meter—no cut-ins required
• Patented magnetically coupled valve to extend field life (US Patent No. 10,161,777.B2)
• Patented flow restriction valve technology supports open, restricted and partially restricted options (US Patent No. 8,539,827)
• Does not require infrastructure
• Valve position-indicating LED
• Modular design allows installing the meter first, then the valve later
• Field-serviceable valve
• Fully submersible—electronics completely encapsulated to withstand harsh, flooded pit environments
• Low pressure loss
• Easy-to-read, 9-digit display presents consumption, rate of flow, reverse flow indication and alarms
• High resolution industry standard ASCII encoder protocol
The E-Series Ultrasonic Plus meter provides a cost-effective, non-confrontational, safe method for water utilities to temporarily restrict an end consumer’s water service. The most common application is for authorized utility personnel to inhibit water service of repeat delinquent accounts to encourage prompt payment from the property owner. Other applications may include actuating the valve as tenants change, or accommodating end-customer requests for temporary water restriction.