FIELDS OF APPLICATION
The weather station is used everywhere, where a comprehensive picture of the local weather conditions is gathered over a longer period of time. Meteorologists, weather services, avalanche warning services, or diverse environmental commissions in the whole german speaking Alps region rely on SOMMER technology. Also the weather stations are used to protect important infrastructure such as roads and rail lines.
The weather station can be delivered as a complete solution, installed, and activated. High-quality components and materials assure a long-term all-year-round operation. The decentral stations are connected with a central data collection or save the data in an integrated logger. Furthermore, a GSM/GPRS connection can be established to the station. The basic option is an automatic weather station with measuring, gathers, transferring, transmitting, archiving and visualizing the measuring results. Besides the individual sensors also a 5 m mast, hot-galvanized with climbing rungs and climbing protection, an energy supply via solar panel as well as a switch cabinet with data logger and lightning protection is installed as a standard.
INSTALLATION, SERVICE & SUPPORT
SOMMER commands a team of highly qualified and experienced service technicians. If wanted by the customer our service technicians do undertake the installation, training, and ongoing servicing of the stations. Operation in high alpine terrain and installation with the support of helicopters is not seldom done. More than 20 years of experience in the construction and installation of weather stations in alpine environments help us to give the best support for the customer.
FROM SMALL TO PROFESSIONAL – CONFIGURING THE AWS
Individual configuration of the station according to local needs and measurement requirements – the customer decides:
- Wind measuring spot, snow measuring spot, special constructions
- Portable station – compact and very low energy consumption, on a tripod
- Mobile station on a car trailer
- Weather station professionals for higher demands
- Mast height 1 … 10 m
- Reinforced alpine version for extreme conditions
- Integration of the weather station in existing measuring networks
- Weather station combined with water level measurement/ discharge measurement
- Air temperature [°C]
- Humidity [% r.h.]
- Wind direction [degrees]
- Wind speed [m/s] and peak [m/s]
- Air pressure [mbar/hPa]
- Global radiation [W/m²]
- Radiation balance [W/m²]
- Precipitation [mm]
- Rain yes/no
- Soil temperature [°C]
- Soil humidity [% r.h.]
- Evaporation [mm/day]
Diverse possibilities for data transmission and parameterization are offered, as the most economical version the “GPRS – Webserver” is recommended.
- Fixed line via analog- / ISDN-modem
- GSM data transmission
- GPRS data transmission to WEB server: measuring results available always and online via the Internet (web browser)
- Radio transmission