TFX-5000 Ultrasonic Clamp-on Flowmeter
The TFX-5000 transit time ultrasonic flow meter measures volumetric flow and heating/cooling energy rates in clean liquids as well as those with small amounts of suspended solids or aeration, such as surface water or raw sewage.
TFX-5000 flow and energy meters clamp onto the outside of pipes and do not contact the internal liquid.
By clamping onto the outside of pipes, the meters have inherent advantages over other flow meter technologies, including:
- Reduced installation time and cost
- Non-invasive, non-contact measurement
- Continued operation during installation—no need to shut down the process
- No pressure head loss
- No moving parts to maintain or replace
- Large, bi-directional flow measuring range
- Data logging up to 8 records
- Modbus® RTU or BACnet® MS/TP over EIA-485; Modbus TCP/IP; BACnet/IP; EtherNet/IP; AquaCUE®/BEACON® connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot over USB with SoloCUE
- Reynolds, ultrasonic speed, and temperature compensation
- Large, easy-to-read graphical display
- Rugged, aluminum enclosure for long service life in harsh environments
The TFX-5000 meter is available in a variety of configurations that permit the user to select a meter with features suitable to meet particular application requirements.
The TFX-5000 meter is available in two versions:
- A flow meter for water delivery, sewage, cooling water, water-glycol mixtures, alcohols, and chemicals
- A heating/cooling energy flow meter used in conjunction with dual clamp-on RTDs for temperature measurement—ideal for hydronic process and HVAC applications