Offered in four sizes and lay lengths, the U500w meter features:
The U500w meter is available with an in-line connector for easy connection and installation to AquaCUE connectors.
• Minimum extended low-flow rate lower than typical positive
• Simplified one-piece electronic meter and register that is integral to the meter body and virtually maintenance-free.
• Sealed, non-removable, tamper-protected meter and register.
• Easy-to-read, 9-digit LCD display presents consumption, rate of flow, reverse-flow indication, and alarms.
• Battery powered—eliminates wiring.
• Compatible with AquaCUE® Flow Measurement Manager
Large, bi-directional flow measuring range
• Data logs up to 8 records
• Modbus® RTU or BACnet® MS/TP over EIA-485; Modbus TCP/IP;
BACnet/IP; EtherNet/IP; AquaCUE®/BEACON® connectivity
• Configure and troubleshoot over USB with SoloCUE
• Reynolds, ultrasonic speed and temperature compensation
• Large, easy-to-read graphical display
• Rugged, aluminum enclosure for long service life in
Use the U500w meter for measuring potable cold water in building/property management and industrial applications. The meter is also ideal for non-potable, reclaimed irrigation water applications or less-than-optimum water conditions where small particles exist.
The U500w meter complies with applicable portions of ANSI/AWWA Standard C700 and NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G. There is currently no AWWA standard that specifically addresses ultrasonic meters for residential applications.
OPERATION & PERFORMANCE
As water flows into the measuring tube, ultrasonic signals are sent consecutively in forward and reverse directions of flow. Velocity is then determined by measuring the time difference between the measurement in the forward and reverse directions. Total volume is calculated from the measured flow velocity using water temperature and pipe diameter. The LCD display shows total volume and alarm conditions and can toggle to display the rate of flow.