U500w Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The U500w Ultrasonic meter uses solid-state technology in compact, totally encapsulated, weatherproof, and UV-resistant housing, suitable for building and property management submetering applications. Electronic metering provides information—such as rate of flow and reverse flow indication—and
data not typically available through traditional, mechanical meters and registers. Electronic metering eliminates measurement errors due to sand, suspended particles, and pressure fluctuations.
Offered in four sizes and lay lengths, the U500w meter features:
- Minimum extended low-flow rate lower than typical positive displacement meters.
- Simplified one-piece electronic meter and register that is integral to the meter body and virtually maintenance-free.
- Sealed, non-removable, tamper-protected meter and register.
- Easy-to-read, 9-digit LCD display presents consumption, rate of flow, reverse-flow indication, and alarms.
- Battery powered—eliminates wiring
- Compatible with AquaCUE® Flow Measurement Manager.
The U500w meter is available with an in-line connector for easy connection and installation to AquaCUE connectors.
Use the U500w meter for measuring potable cold water in building/property management and industrial applications. The meter is also ideal for non-potable, reclaimed irrigation water applications or less-than-optimum water conditions where small particles exist.
The U500w meter complies with applicable portions of ANSI/AWWA Standard C700 and NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G. There is currently no AWWA standard that specifically addresses ultrasonic meters for residential applications.