Simple Setup. Accurate Measurements.
The Dynasonics IS-4000 Open Channel flow meter is an economical solution that includes a non-contact ultrasonic level sensor to detect water level and then calculates flow rate and total volume.
Precise Measurements. Measures water level, flow rate and total volume with a single device and retains a historical log of all measurements.
Reliable Operation. Features preprogrammed tables to simplify setup and calculates flow rate based on the geometry of the channel or primary element and water depth.
Application Flexibility. Performs best where sediment does not build up, including flow into water treatment plants, storm and sanitary sewer systems and industrial discharge applications.
The IS-4000 includes a selection of primary devices with preprogrammed tables to simplify the setup, including:
• Parshall flumes
• Manhole flumes
• V-notch weirs
Additionally, you can enter custom tables using the Flow Meter
Open channels with a primary device are a cost effective solution for managing varying flow rates in unpressurized systems. The IS-4000 flow meter performs best when used with a primary device, such as a flume or weir, and where the sediment does not build up.
• Flow into water treatment plants from reservoirs
• Storm and sanitary sewer systems
• Effluent from water resource recovery or wastewater treatment
• Industrial discharge
• Agriculture irrigation channels
• Measure level, flow rate and total volume with a single device
• Simple setup for flumes and weirs
• Retain a historical log of all measurements
• Easily connect up to SCADA systems
• Connectivity with BEACON Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA)
or AquaCUE Flow Measurement Manager
• Rugged IP67 powder-coated aluminum enclosure